Friday, November 18, 2011

"Revising and Editing Assignment"

Effectiveness:     
First, the test was in my opinion, useful.  Inserting commas in sentences is my weakness because I never know exactly when I’m supposed to put them.  Though, now, thanks to the test, I learned that I have to put a comma after an introductory clause, for example: “When I fell down, I twisted my ankle”.  Also, I always doubted about the proper use of quotation marks.  I didn’t know that I had to put quotation marks when you use someone’s exact words. For example, ‘’the assistant manager said I am a “very quick learner.’’   Finally, I had difficulty with hyphens, but now, I know that I have to put a hyphen when two nouns are combined together.

What I liked and I didn’t like:
I especially liked the variety of the content in all of the lessons. It was elaborate, pertinent and it corrected many of my common errors. It was able to refresh my memory on the rules that I once learned but forgotten with time. On the other hand, it wasn’t captivating my motivation neither was it pleasant to work on. There was also too many redundant exercises throughout the activity.

Rating of the course:
I give the course 7/10.  The level of difficulty of the course was, according to me, reasonably high.  Though, I preferred doing something harder, since it really shows you where you do your mistakes.  Also, the examples given for the exercises were relevant.  Sometimes in books, the examples that explain the content are not really efficient.  However, I didn’t like the fact that the course was so long.  It was too much at the same time.  Anyway, the course was good, but should be shortened.

1 comment:

  1. Contents 12 / 15
    Language 8 / 10, some grammar problems
    Score 20 / 25

    Good comments. But I was looking for more details.

    ReplyDelete